Become a legend with League of Legends Betting
eSports betting is all the rage lol (get it?) and among the different possibilities they offer, League of Legends betting is the most popular. Let’s find out more about them in this lol betting guide, starting with the best operators that offer them.
Every eSports fan knows the acronym LoL. League of Legends has become the most important online game in the world, and consequently one of the biggest money earners in the world of eSports. The secret of its success lies in the combination of the speed of real-time gaming with role-playing elements, which has made League of Legends the game of choice for gamers on five continents.
At the same time, the variety of betting options is one of the things our experts look at the most. So now that you know a bit about our methodology for choosing the best bookmakers, let’s take a look at these parameters in detail.
Discover its origins: all about League of Legends
MOBA is the acronym for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. A category of video games that includes League of Legends, a title developed by Riot Games that is already part of history.
Also known by its acronym LoL, this competitive video game was born in 2019 and very quickly carved a niche for itself among the most popular in its genre, like the legendary StarCraft and Dota 2, all of which are part of the so-called eSports.
To get an idea of just how important LoL is, it is enough to tell you that more than 8 million players play it every day. And yet it is only available to be played on a PC (although the idea is that it will reach Xbox consoles, PlayStation and mobile devices later this year).
How does Riot Games make money from LoL?
League of Legends is a freemium business model: that is, it is free to play, but within it we can purchase different upgrades and items for a fee.
The LoL game universe takes place over three different maps, which have specific rules:
Summoner’s Rift: the most popular and protagonist scenario in professional League of Legends championships. This is fundamental to understanding LoL gambling and will be given a practical approach in this guide.
The Twisted Forest, which was the setting for 3v3 matches, disappeared in November 2019 with the end of Season IX of the game.
The Wailing Abyss: this is one of the most popular and most popular scenarios among LoL players.
New maps emerge, while others are banished to the dustbin of memories as LoL updates and new seasons are released. Not so with the Summoner’s Rift, which, as mentioned, is the focus of this League of Legends betting guide.
The Summoner’s Rift, will you dare?
If you’re going to get into the world of betting lol, you should know this scenario inside out.
The matches you’ll be betting on pit two teams against each other: blue vs. red. Each of these squads is made up of 5 different players, who take on the roles of as many characters (champions), with different specialisations.
Each player will choose one champion per game (there are 130 different ones), to choose between the different categories in which they are grouped:
- Support: their role is to support and protect the rest of the squad.
- Assassins: specialised in stealth, they are deadly when it comes to causing damage, although their low defence makes them vulnerable.
- Fighters: they are the most balanced players when it comes to competition due to their good balance between attack and defence. They carry the brunt of the fighting in LoL matches.
- Mages (APcarry): the true strategists of League of Legends, their survival is key as they are able to unleash the main magic attacks and their associated damage. For this they must be protected, as their mobility and defence are very weak.
- Tanks: They cause little damage but their resistance is extraordinary, they are the main bulwark of the defence.
- Shooter (ADcarry): specialists in taking down towers and other buildings, thanks to the accuracy and damage of their attacks.